Saturday, November 7, 2009

Jesus on His Throne

The first Sabbath in September, I led Praise and Worship at church. I started with a song based on Ps. 95, "O Come let us sing unto the Lord, let us make a joyful noise to the Rock of our Salvation!" Next, we magnified his Name with "O worship the King, all glorious above, O gratefully sing His wonderful love" (my childhood version said, "His power and His love"). During this song, I imagined God on his throne, robed in power but full of love towards us. The final song was "Children of the heavenly Father, safely in His bosom gather," and during this song I imagined the whole congregation joyfully approaching the Lord on his throne, taking comfort in the assurance that we are his beloved children. As I sang and envisioned these things, I prayed that the others in the congregation would share them. When I sat down, I saw that Bethany had drawn a little sketch of exactly what I envisioned! God answered my prayer! So I asked her to make a larger version, and we shared copies with the church the next week. Several of the ladies saw deeper meaning in parts of the picture, and I was just thrilled that Bethany and I could bless the body of Christ in that small way.

No comments: