Saturday, May 10, 2008

Linux!

Welcome to my first post from my new Linux Mint set-up. Yay for alternatives! Well, it's taken most of this week to get most things working, and I still need to copy over all my files. However, it is the first time we've gotten Linux working for us, so it is definitely coming along.

Remember my post about Carrie Ann and her "bike hat" theme? Well, she still wakes up every morning with the words, "Bike--bike--bike, hat--hat, owie" (pointing out the window on bike, patting her head, or mine, on hat, and pointing to her toes on owie). We did some biking this week -- Matthias managed 5 Mommy strides without me holding on (no training wheels), and Carrie Ann was ecstatic to get her turn. At bedtime she found the bike helmet again (which didn't make it into the shed), and wanted to wear it a bit longer:
Bike Hat Picture
She got me this week once! I suddenly noticed that the Carrie Ann noises from the other room had stopped a couple minutes ago. When they didn't start up again, I went to check on her. After looking in the living room and bedroom, I headed upstairs. When I didn't find her there, I checked the bathrooms and laundry room. Then I made sure the house doors were closed! A little nervously, I started on my second pass through the house, this time calling her name. As I stuck my head in the bedroom calling, "Carrie Ann, where are you?" I heard a little snicker. Sure enough, when I looked a little harder I found her hiding in the closet! Bethany has played hide and seek with her before, and that is one of their main hiding places -- but she has never played it all by herself before! And who told her to be so quiet when she was hiding? Life is sure fun with imaginative little ones around!

Matthias also surprised us today. We went for a hike up Balancing Rock Trail, and he practically zoomed up and, when it was time to go, zoomed back down again. He complained a little bit about cramps, but he still kept going so well it was hard for me (shepherding Bethany) to keep up with him. Go Matthias!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carrie Ann looks great in her helmet and her pj's! Kids can have a lot of fun with those marble things. We saw a giant one like on the u-tube somewhere, I can't remember where. I'm glad Matthias is doing well and was able to do the hike quicker than the rest of you. Infinity is a pretty difficult concept for Bethany to understand. It's mind-boggling for anyone! Angela just got back from a Music Tour to Washington DC. She had a great time.