Friday, May 16, 2008

Biking!

Matthias has been practicing biking without training wheels, and this week he managed to bike for 20 Mommy paces without me holding on! The next day, he did 30 paces! (I didn't tell him there was a car following us.) I am so excited that he can get his balance. He has improved a lot since we started working on it in March in the school gym. Here is a picture of him on his bike:
Bethany figures she is ready to learn to bike without training wheels too, but I want her to wait until Matthias is going strong. (I can only do so many things at once, you know.) Carrie Ann can't reach the pedals yet, but she loves being pushed around on her tricycle wearing her "bike hat" and cries when I take her off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure enjoying your blog and the quick link to your pictures. Your kids are growing so quickly, I'm glad we get a chance to see them on pictures. I'm glad Mathias is learning to ride a bike. Jeremy didn't learn until he was about ten. I love the pictures of Bethany with the tiara and Carrie Ann on the bike! Greta