Thursday, July 17, 2008

Okay!

Actually, Carrie Ann's vowels are so fluid still, her Okay ranges from "Ai-tai" to "Ah-tay." She always says it with the same intonation, which is the same as my intonation, so it is totally recognizable! I think what makes it so cute is also the fact that she is showing agreement and cooperation with something I've suggested -- "Ah-tai!" sounds way better to me than "Uh-uh!" (She's not a big "no" sayer, for some reason, but uh-uh works just as well!)

We went swimming yesterday, and I put life jackets on the kids and took them in the deep end. Bethany got so comfortable, she managed a slide down the slide, with splash-down and swimming to the side all by herself! Matthias held on tight to the top of his vest to keep it from riding up onto his chin, but was able to tool around a bit using just his feet to propel himself. Carrie Ann kept rolling her face into the water, but she sure didn't want the life vest off -- she fought my hands off every time I tried to take it off, until she was so tired she was practically ready to fall asleep in the pool! Her favourite part was when I put her on my tummy and did a back float with her riding on me -- she loved it, but I had to kick so hard (to keep my head up) I got a charley horse this morning!

I turned off comment moderation, so if anyone is reading this blog besides Aunt Greta, feel free to leave a comment!

2 comments:

Dad said...

Hi Rebecca,
I always read your blog - it's the only way to keep up with my far-flung family!
I'm glad to see that you are using your linguistic skills again. I think you started with that when you used to interpret Deb to us when she was an infant!
Blessings,
Dad

Caryn Ouwehand said...

Dan Says: Far Flung... that's a fun thing to say.

Far Flung
Far Flung
Far Flung!

Heh heh heh.

Hi and our love to you out there. We haven't been in much touch as usual, but I'm certainly enjoying your blog!