Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Oboe and Beep

We read a book about musical instruments today, so I had to find a movie of them playing too! I thought this one was very good (for oboe):


Well, I looked on some MP3 blogs, and it turns out they put the mp3s in with links, just like I did in the previous post. So there you go. And here are some more.
Beep
Babaludipoo

Grandma
Okay
Bye

And one more picture -- I wanted this one of the smocking on the girls' dresses. One day, someone came up to me and said, "I really like the smocking on Bethany's dress." Turns out she had done smocking herself. So now I know what it is called!

On a second look, I realized that it is hard to tell from this picture what smocking is: embroidery on top of pleats. I finally found a good set of pictures on this site (though Wiki tells you all the different stitches as well as the history...).

Speaking of crafting, did you notice the quilt hanging in the background? Deb and MaryAnna made it for Carrie Ann, using some pieces of one of Mom's dresses. I finally found a good place to put it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe what you published was very logical.
But, think on this, suppose you composed
a catchier title? I mean, I don't wish to tell you how to run your website, but what if you added something that makes people want more? I mean "Oboe and Beep" is a little vanilla. You could look at Yahoo's home page and
see how they create article headlines to grab people to open the links.
You might try adding a video or a pic or two to get people interested about
everything've got to say. In my opinion, it would bring your website a little livelier.
Also visit my web site : swiss seo