Monday, June 30, 2008

Camping

We really enjoyed the campground in Keremeos on our way to the Coast. Here is a link from their pamphlet.
Ashnola Campground
The manager was very friendly, loved little children, and sounded a bit lonely. I hope she enjoyed the big powwow she was preparing for!
We went camping last weekend (the 21st), along Kootenay Lake. It was very nice -- the children enjoyed the water and fire, the neighbours were friendly, and even though it rained all night long, it only stormed hard enough to keep me awake for about one hour! The last time we were at that spot, the waves were so noisy and close to the tent that I hardly slept all night. This time, we were a little farther and higher up the beach, and the wind wasn't as strong, so I slept much better. It's a nice pebbly beach, so even though it was very wet, it wasn't muddy at all. The wild roses along the path to the beach were all in bloom! Sorry, no pictures, I didn't bring the camera (after 400 pictures in May, I had to slow down a bit in June!).

No comments: