Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Joy!

Rob posted this song/video on his blog, and I wanted to share it here as well.

I don't know what the creators actually had in mind, but to me, it was the voice of God saying, "Be joyful! I want my children to be joyful!"
It reminds me of a song we sang in highschool choir: "And the Father will dance over you in joy" by Mark Hayes
(Full Text)
which was based on Zephaniah 3:17 (NIV)
The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing."
(from the Bible Gateway).

Have you ever watched the movie "Evan Almighty"? The last scene always makes me think of this too. I am so sure that God dances, in pure joy!

Legalism doesn't allow dancing -- nor does it allow mourning. There are also times when I am sure God weeps -- at times with us, and at times over us! But that's a different one of Rob's posts!

No comments: