Saturday, November 19, 2011

Birthday Party!

We had Carrie Ann's fifth birthday party a month early -- since many people are out of town (or partied out) during the holidays. I sent invitations to her whole class, and we had 10 five year olds (plus one big sister) come over.
Wow, five year olds have a lot of energy! They were great -- they all played really well together. When the boys were finished in our little apartment, they asked if they could go outside to play, so we went downstairs to the playground out back and they ran off their energy for at least half an hour. It was so fun watching them! Carrie Ann loved all the gifts she got -- and she let her friends play with them for the rest of the party. She did such a good job sharing, even the mom who stayed with her kid was impressed :-).
My kids even decorated the apartment themselves (after helping me clean it). I left to do some grocery shopping, and gave them scissors, tape and streamers left over from one of Bethany's parties. The whole house looked celebratory when I got back!
Sorry, I didn't even think of taking pictures... maybe next time!

No comments: