Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Deep!


Ever have that, when you are made a liar just as you are saying something???
I was just admonishing Bethany to keep going without being afraid, because, after all, you never sink in past your knees -- when I sank right to my thigh! I was sitting on the snow, one leg kneeling and the other fully buried!
Frank took us up to the summit for our yearly springtime snow play -- it is really fun to play in the snow when it is already hot in the valley. Even up at top, the air is warm and the snow cool, creating perfect conditions (if you don't get too wet). It was a little meltier this year than last, though, and I went in deeper than expected! I was sure glad I was wearing my hiking boots, which were tied tight and didn't come off when I pulled my leg out!
More pictures in my picture gallery, see the link at the right. I didn't comment them yet, I will get to that after our trip.
PS I posted a few today, keep on reading until you get to an old one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was shocked when I saw snow, but relieved when you said it was on top of the mountain. Poor Matthias, to fall just as you were going to the parade. I glad to think he doesn't have the more severe form of Duchenne's any more. I love the pictures. Carrie Ann and her vehicles sounds like a lot of fun right now. I loved that age when they were just discovering everything! Bethany looked lovely in the parade. You mentioned reading John Terpstra. I think he was from Hamilton and was in the grade in between your mom and I through most of our school time. He loved to write then already. We're all doing well. The big push is on to finish everything before school is out for the kids and me. Greta